Saturday, November 8, 2008

Lipunan reunion: Food Trip @ Dampa sa Macapagal

2:16 PM by JC ·
I had a reunion with some fellow Lipunan members. We decided to sample the offerings of Dampa @ Macapagal. I'm not really a regular but have enjoyed the twice or thrice I've been there so no qualms about going back.
It literally is a wet market here so I had to roll up my pants. Here I'm in front of a shellfish vendor. Shellfish and Oysters here are cheap! If I remember right, Oysters I got for 50 pesos per kilo and 2 kilos would be more than enough for a group of 4!

More shellfish! Don't be fooled by the red tint on the photo. There's no red tide here!


Tiger Lobster! They taste like (a tad better than) huge shrimp! That's what they are right? huge shrimp?


Yummy crustaceans!


All those pusit (squid) for Calamari!?


Buttered Garlic Shrimps! This is a must try for the shrimp lovers and pretty much anyone else.

Cooked version of the above Pusit!


Almost complete supper!


Appetizer was Inadobong Peanuts and San Mig Light.


We bought Kangkong for 5 pesos each band and had the greens deepfried in batter.


Here are the Oysters which Kimpo can't eat because he's allergic to seafood! Haha...I learned about this condition when we arrived at Dampa.


Move left and it's the river emptying to Manila Bay.


What did he say while atop the grill? "Mom, I'm Daing..."

Well not exactly cos this one's another type of fish. Hmmm, what's it called again?


After the war and the storm...

Not quite, there was quite a bit of leftovers coz we had a lot of food to begin with!

Dampa, I will be back!

0 comments: